The employment counselling of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland instructs and assists you in matters related to employment and everyday working life. Typically, members contact the employment counselling if there is ambiguity in the terms of employment or unwanted changes occur in the working conditions.
In these situations, the primary contact is your shop steward. If there is no shop steward, we recommend you contact employment counselling immediately.
The experts of the employment counselling will help you review your rights and obligations as an employee in tight working life situations. You will also receive advice on how to solve these types of problematic situations.
Problems can be prevented by having the different employment-related agreements checked by the experts of the union before signing them. This allows you to ensure that you understand the contents of the agreement before singing, thus avoiding unpleasant surprises.
In the employment counselling, the members are assisted by advisors and lawyers. You can best contact the services and experts via the union’s customer service, tel. +358 (0)201 801 801, weekdays 9 a.m.–4 p.m, asiakaspalvelu(at)ilry.fi.
Please remember to provide your membership number when contacting us. You will find your membership number in the union's membership card.
Utilise the help of the experts in, for instance, the following situations:
Commenting on agreements
- employment agreements
- assignment, manager, and shareholder agreements
- employment termination agreements
- separate, more extensive non-compete and non-disclosure agreements
- agreements related to immaterial rights
- training expense agreements
- local agreements in accordance with collective agreements
- commenting on other local agreements (e.g. agreements on flexitime, agreements on early intervention)
- legal questions related to employment and service relationships
- unemployment benefit questions, questions related to the interpretation of the Act on Unemployment Security
- questions related to the use of the legal expenses insurance
- questions on the employee's liability for damages
- work offence issues
- complaints on the unemployment fund decisions to the appeal committee of unemployment security
- issues related to workplace bullying
- degree of complexity/salary questions
- practical instructions related to cooperation procedure
- situations requiring direct contact with the employer (e.g. collecting wages due, requesting the grounds for terminating employment)
- interpretation of collective agreement
- selecting a shop steward