Working alongside studies – are you a member of the unemployment fund?

If you are working alongside your studies, you should join the unemployment fund. As an engineering student you can join as a member of The Unemployment fund for highly educated KOKO through your trade union.

KOKO-kassa pays out earnings-related allowance for unemployment, temporary lay-off or labour market measures and alternation compensation for the duration of alternation leave to its members. An earnings-related daily allowance may be paid once you have completed your studies and you have fulfilled the membership and employment condition.

You can join KOKO-kassa if you have a salaried job. Your job can be temporary, for a fixed term, or part-time, and you can also join the fund while you have a summer job or a part-time job while you are a student. You cannot join an unemployment fund while you are unemployed, laid off or on a child care leave, for example. Read more here.

To join the fund, contact our customer service: +358 (0)201 801 801, weekdays 9 a.m.–4 p.m, (8,4 cent/min) or