The membership of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland includes an extensive insurance package for working life and free time. In addition, when taking part in the operations and events of the union, you are covered by an insurance.

The union has an insurance agreement with If Vahinkovakuutusyhtiö. As a member, you will also receive discounts on other, personal If insurances.


Liability insurance

The members of the union are insured against problematic working life situations. Liability insurance provides security against liability for damages.

If you find yourself in a situation where the security of this insurance might be necessary, please contact the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland first.


Free time insurances

As a member of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland, you will receive an extensive free time security package: traveller's insurance, luggage insurance, travel liability insurance, traveller's legal expenses insurance, and free time accident insurance.

If you are not a Finnish citizen or you live outside Finland for more than six months a year, the validity of the traveller's insurance must be checked from the customer service of If Vahinkovakuutusyhtiö.

The traveller's insurance also covers children under the age of 20 travelling with their parent. For student members, the insurance is secondary if the person is entitled to receive compensation on the basis of, for instance, the insurance of their educational institution.

The valid membership card acts as the travel insurance certificate. Order a separate travel insurance certificate from the customer service of If on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., tel. +358 (0)10 19 19 19 or from the online service of If. 

For more details on the insurances, please visit the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland member site of If in