Satisfaction guarantee conditions
How the Union of Professional Engineers’ Satisfaction Guarantee works beginning from October 1st, 2022.
When you become a member of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland in October 2022 and from then on, you have access to a unique Satisfaction Guarantee. For three months, you can explore the membership benefits and services offered by the union to make sure that the union membership is what you expected. If we cannot meet your expectations and you do not want to continue your membership before the three-month period expires, we will give you a refund of the membership fees that you have paid.
When you become a member on October 1, 2022, you can explore the benefits and services offered by the Union for three months. If you decide to cancel your membership during the Satisfaction Guarantee period and you would like to have your membership fee refunded, let us know of your decision by December 31, 2022, at the latest.
When you become a member on January 17, 2023, the Satisfaction Guarantee lasts until April 16, 2023.
If you become a member on January 1, 2023, and notify us about canceling your membership by April 1, 2023, the Satisfaction Guarantee no longer applies. In this case, your membership ends at the end of the month during which you canceled your membership.
Terms and conditions
• The guarantee is personal and can be used once.
• The Satisfaction Guarantee only applies to the members of the Union for Professional Engineers who have paid the membership fee in full. If the member has been granted a discounted membership fee, the person is not eligible for the membership fee refund. A membership fee discount is given to fresh college graduates who have been student members of the Union for Professional Engineers in Finland, the unemployed, those who have been laid off, full-time students, people with an exceptionally low level of income, retired people, people with long-term illnesses, people who are on an unpaid family leave or job alternation leave, and people who are undergoing military or civil service.
• The refund is given only for a membership fee that has already been paid.
• Access to the Satisfaction Guarantee is withdrawn if the benefit is misused.
• The membership fee refund does not apply to the possible unemployment fund membership fee.
• A person who has received strike pay during the Satisfaction Guarantee period is not eligible for a membership fee refund if they cancel their membership.
If a new member decides to cancel their membership during the Satisfaction Guarantee period, they must send a written notification about the cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Add “Satisfaction guarantee” as the subject line.
• A cancellation that has only been made through a digital form at the member pages is not eligible for a membership fee refund if a separate membership cancellation notification has not also been sent by email to the customer service.
• If you also joined the union organization, the Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to this membership, and you are not eligible for a refund of this membership fee if you cancel your membership during the Satisfaction Guarantee period.
• If you have unpaid payments from a previous membership of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland, the Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to these unpaid payments and you cannot get a membership fee refund for these missing payments, for example.
• Even if you had paid any unsettled payments related to a previous membership the Union of Professional Engineers before becoming a member again, the Satisfaction Guarantee still only applies to the payments related to the new membership after rejoining the union.
• If you decide to cancel your membership during the satisfaction guarantee period, you are no longer eligible to use the benefits of the Union of Professional Engineers or to participate in trainings, for example, even if you had enrolled to them during your membership.
• The benefits from the partners of the Union for Professional Engineers are no longer valid after canceling the membership even if the benefits had been purchased while the membership was in force.