Committees and labor market delegations
The Board may appoint representatives of member organizations to committees, delegations, and working groups (for a limited period for the preparation of a specific project) to support the preparation and decision-making activities of the Board. The committees act as expert bodies under the auspices of the Board. The Board confirms the basic tasks of the committees at the beginning of the two-year term of office, in addition to which the Board may issue separate mandates.
The organization committee acts as an expert body in the field of organizational and development activities. It works according to the action plan set up by the Board and takes care of tasks assigned to it by the Board. In particular, the committee covers the development of organizational activities, acquisition, and maintenance of membership, membership benefits, and services, including organizational training, organizational issues, co-operation between domestic and Nordic organizations, membership information systems and student activities.
The current members of the organization committee were selected by the Board based on proposals made by different regions.
- Chairman Timo Härmälä
- Tero Hakala (Susanna Kalliomäki) ja Elina Varteva (Veijo Sundqvist), Metropol Area
- Mika Hietikko (Markku Uusitalo) ja Miikka Rosten (Martti Kaurimo), Southwestern Finland
- Johanna Torvela (Henna Lehtiö), West Finland
- Henri Skog (Mikko T. Niemi) ja Juhani Paananen (Aulis Veteläinen), Middle Finland
- Linda Jaatinen (Jarkko Uitto), Southeastern Finland
- Eeva Ruotsalalinen (Ossi Lintula), East Finland
- Sari Vierimaa (Jani Rikström), Pohjois-Suomi North Finland
- Juha Reinisalo (Kalle Kaipainen) ja Vesa Virtanen (Arto Tevajärvi), Nationwide Associations
- Ailu Vuolli (Juho Toukola), Engineer students
- rapporteur, Organization Director Tommi Grönholm
- technical secretary, Organizational Coordinator Marja Riihimäki
Insinööri magazine’s editorial board
Insinööri magazine’s editorial board is responsible for monitoring the development of the magazine and giving feedback and advice on its layout and content.
- Chairman Jari Vihervirta (deputy member Jani Pelkonen)
- Jarno Häkkinen (deputy member Julius Setälä)
- Tommi Laitinen
- Tarja Munther
- Erkki Salonen
- J-P Semi (deputy member Mikko Soipio)
- Sariina Vierimaa
- rapporteur, Communications Manager Jari Rauhamäki
- secretary, Editorial Coordinator Kirsi Tamminen
- spokesperson Janne Luotola
The members of the committee shall be elected by the Assembly for a four-year term. The Election Committee is an institution assisting the Assembly, inter alia, in preparing for the personal elections of the union.
- Chairman Hannu Kumpulainen, Hämeenlinnan Insinöörit ry
- member Juhani Kaukosuo, Julkisen alan Insinöörien Liitto JIL ry
- Vice Chairman Hanne Vähäkuopus, Insinööriopiskelijaliitto IOL ry
- member Timo Torvela, Oulun Insinöörit ry
- member Tuomas Saarnilahti, Insinööriopiskelijaliitto IOL ry
- rapporteur Kati Hallikainen
- secretary Marja Riihimäki
Labor market delegations
The delegations monitor legislative projects and other issues related to the labor market in the field/sector. Delegations will also develop and prepare the union’s labor market measures. Delegations members are Union of Professional Engineers members, who often have a background in working as trustees. The mandate of the delegations shall be for two years.
There are three delegations in total:
- TES delegation (private sector labor market activity)
- KES delegation (municipal sector labor market activity)
- VES delegation (public sector labor market activity)