Who can join the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland
An engineer member/member
Engineering graduates, IT sector employees, technical experts, senior engineers, those with demanding positions in the private or public sector, game industry employees, and engineering entrepreneurs may all join the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland.
The Union has 30 regional Membership organizations and eight national Membership organizations.
The appropriate Membership organization will be selected upon joining. Membership organizations may be joined by persons who matches the guidelines of the Membership organization. Upon joining, the Union will check that the terms and conditions for accession to the Union are met. A person working in the private sector with a degree in engineering usually joins a regional Membership organizations in his or her place of residence. When you join a national Membership organizations, the choice is influenced by the workplace.
Students who are studying to become engineers, construction architects, or construction foreman can join the Union of Engineering Students.
A student can join the Union of Engineering Students under the following conditions:
- If he/she is studying their first engineering degree
- The studies lead to the following titles:
- Construction foreman
- Laboratory analyst
A student cannot join the Union of Engineering Students if:
- He/she has already completed one or more engineering degrees
- The degree doesn’t lead to the above-mentioned titles.
- He/she is studying an engineering degree at the Open University of Applied Sciences. Path studies students can join only when they are enrolled in an educational institution.
You can ask customer service if you can join the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland and apply for a membership fee discount based on your studies.
You can become a student member of the Association of IT Sector Employees under the following conditions:
- studying for your first degree in information technology
- not barred from joining for the reasons below
Student cannot become a student member of the Association of IT Sector Employees if:
- He/she has already completed one or more IT degrees as a member of the Association of IT Sector Employees
- He/she has already completed a degree in engineering, building architecture or construction, or is entitled to become a member of the Union of Engineering Students