Staying abroad

Applying for a discount

You can apply for a membership fee discount if you go abroad. The application for each year should be made latest by 31 December.

Applying for a further discount

If your eligibility for a discount continues, submit a new membership fee discount application to customer service at the end of the previous discount period. If your stay abroad extends to the next year, you can apply to continue the discount period as soon as you receive the first bill for the full membership fee.

Certificate required

If your foreign address is in the member information of the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland, no separate certificate is required. If this is not the case, a certificate must be submitted for the extension of the discount period, which proofs that you are staying abroad. Attach one of the following to your application:

  • Copy of the posting agreement
  • Copy of the notification of change of address
  • Another equivalent certificate

A picture or a screenshot also works as evidence. You will be asked to provide more information for the application if necessary.

Discount amount

EUR14 from the monthly membership fee.

For the members of the Association of IT Sector Employees, the discounted membership fee is EUR18 per month (includes the unemployment fund membership fee if the member has joined through the Union of Professional Engineers in Finland).

The start and the end of the discount period

Notify the Union’s customer service regarding any changes to the membership fee discount without delay.